Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: April 22-26
April 29, 2019
- The vapor barrier and wire mesh for Shed 2 were installed in preparation for concrete.
- Grading was completed for Fair Park, Phase II and the Show Arena ground was brought to grade level.
- Concrete for the Expo 1 canopy was poured.
- The building envelopes—i.e., the outer shells—were installed on Expo Buildings 1 and 2.
- Build-out of the office portions of Expo 3 has started (see photo below.)
- Our electrical contractor continues to install conduit and rough ins for overhead lighting in Expo 1.
- In Expo 3, ceiling framing and drywall installation is underway.
- Also in Expo 3, the structural steel team installed door framed openings.
- BOB MCKINNEY: What I Know (Franklin Home Page, April 21)
Shed 1 steel erection.
Framing of offices in Expo 3.
Color-coded progress schematic shows progress on the new exposition center, show arena, and sheds.
- Dark green: Roofing progress
- Yellow: Storm water progress
- Light green: Retaining wall
- Dark blue: Concrete building slab
- Light blue: Building pad completion
- Pink: Domestic water progress
- Red: Isolated footings