Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: August 12-16
We have moved the administrative offices of Fairgrounds Nashville to the new Expo Center. The new expo site is not yet open to the public so please contact us via email, phone, or cell if you’d like to make an appointment and we will make necessary arrangements to meet with you. Note: The Flea Market offices will not move until August 30. We can’t wait to show you our beautiful new buildings at Sept. 6 ribbon cutting.
(Note: As construction on the Expo Center wraps up, you will note this update reflects more of the inspection process necessary for getting occupancy permits.)
- In Expo 3, storefront glass installation is nearing completion.
- Restrooms in Expo 3 have received HVAC, lighting and acoustical ceiling grid.
- The kitchen in Expo 2 is getting gypsum board installation at entry vestibule, kitchen and cafe.
- Paver installation is underway for parking at the sheds.
- Crushed stone base installation is ongoing in the parking lot adjacent to the sheds and concrete curbs and walkways have wrapped up.
- The concrete slab has been poured for the Show Arena and the framing and roofing has been completed.
- Design of directional and exterior signage is underway and we anticipate bidding the wayfinding package soon.
- Nashville Fairgrounds unveils new expo facilities with boxing event Saturday (WKRN Channel 2, August 16)
- Local fighters to headline first-ever boxing event at Nashville Fairgrounds (WZTV Fox 17, August 11)
The crowd fills in reserved VIP tables shortly before Saturday's Tri-Star Boxing matches begin.
Tri-Star Boxing's Matt Young, right, makes adjustments to the ring during Friday's load-in and set-up.
Finished exterior of Expo 2 with detail of charcoal brick work and siding in "Fairgrounds Blue"
Expo 1 bathrooms: Complete.