Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: July 15-19
- Brick veneer installation over door jambs is in progress in in all expo buildings.
- Site utility work is underway, including subsurface drainage for gutters and downspouts.
- Concrete curbs and walkways at the sheds have been completed and asphalt paving is underway.
- Installation of roll-up doors in all buildings was finished during the week.
- Storefront glass placement began in all three expo buildings and should be complete within the next week.
- In the Expo 2 kitchen and cafe area, metal stud placement completed and MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) wrapped up.)
- Painting of restrooms in Expo 1 finished.
- All toilet fixture installation is in progress.
- Appeals Sends Fairgrounds Suit Back to Lower Court (Nashville Post, July 19)
- Save Our Fairgrounds Wins Appeal, Demolition Pushed Further Back (WSMV Channel 4, July 19)
- From Bill Freeman: Nashville, the big, little town (Nashville Scene, July 18)
The South porch of Expo 3 nearing completion.
Overhead door for easy load-in, also at the south end of Expo 3.
View towards the front (west) end of Expo 2.
Detailed photo of state-of-the-art floor box, which gives exhibitors access to electricity and compressed air, among other features.