Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: May 13-17
May 20, 2019
- The site preparation contractor continues to haul excess soil offsite and to bring the hardscaped areas to grade.
- Construction of retaining walls resumed.
- At Expo 1, installation of the building and canopy envelope continues.
- Roofing has begun on Shed 2.
- Framing of offices is ongoing in Expos 1 and 3.
- Expo 3 is also getting a fire suppression system.
- Drywall is being framed in kitchen, restrooms, and Expo 1 interior.
- Concrete for exterior sidewalks is being poured.
- Nashville Council to consider proposal that could clear path for NASCAR at Fairgrounds (Tennessean, May 16)
- Nashville's chances to host NASCAR again once were said to be same as Vanderbilt winning SEC football title (Tennessean, May 15)
- Speedway Motorsports makes public $60 million pitch to bring NASCAR to Fairgrounds (Tennessean, May 14)
A panoramic view of the site shows construction of the exposition buildings.
Sidewalk poured Thursday outside Shed 1.
The interior of Expo 3 shows progress on heat and air unit installation.