Fairgrounds Nashville Improvement Project Update: The Week in Review: May 20-24
May 28, 2019
- Drywall installation began in Expos 1 and 3 and framing for the Expo 2 kitchen started.
- In Expo 1, construction of the metal panel canopy completed as did the roofing on Shed 2.
- The site excavation contractor continued hauling excess dirt from the site and work to bring the hardscaped levels to grade.
- Construction of the western retaining wall continues.
- Offices in all expo buildings are getting drywall and electrical rough-ins.
- Roofing continues on the Show Arena and all buildings are having gutters placed.
- In Expo 1, our electrical contractor is pulling wire to the floor boxes and in Expo 3, roughing in overhead electrical.
- The masonry team is laying block in Expos 1 and 2.
- Installation of storm sewer at the loading dock began
- Tennessee State Fair Will Be Returning to Nashville Fairgrounds (WZTV Fox 17, May 23)
- State Fair at Nashville Fairgrounds (WKRN Channel. May 23)
- Reports: NASCAR to Purchase International Speedway Corp. (Tennessean, May 22)
- Free Things to Do in Nashville on Memorial Day Weekend (Tennessean, May 21)
- Council to Discuss Safety Concerns For NASCAR at Fairgrounds (WTVF, May 20)
Photo shows ongoing installation of sheetrock in Expo 3 offices.
Completed structural steel for the Show Arena.